Make this chilly cool fella by following the instructions below:
two Styrofoam® balls in two different sizes
5 black floral foam balls cut in half OR use mini black pom poms or buttons
felt for scarf and hat
1 pom pom for the top of the hat
three twigs or toothpicks
small piece of orange chenille stem
1 paper clip
pink marker, paint, ink or makeup
1. Attach the styrofoam® balls by inserting a toothpick/twig into the larger ball and then pushing the smaller ball in the other end. You can add a dot of glue between the balls for extra stability or leave it as is.
2. Cut a circle from felt by tracing a milk cap or something similar in size. Glue to the top of the snowman’s head.
3. Glue a pom pom to the top of the hat.
4. Cut the black floral foam balls in half to use for the snowman’s eyes. Attach with glue.
5. Fold the orange chenille stem in half and poke into the styrofoam right under the eyes.
6. Cut the remaining black floral balls in half or use tiny black pom poms for the mouth and buttons.
7. Add a small twig (or toothpicks) to each side of the larger styrofoam® ball for the snowman’s arms.
8. Cut a scarf approximately 8″ x 1 1/4″ and fringe the ends. Wrap around the snowman’s neck and add a dot of glue to hold in place.
9. To make into an ornament add a paper clip that is opened up to resemble a letter “s” and poke one end into the back of the snowman – add a dot of glue to secure.
10. Use a pink marker, a bit of pink paint or a pink marker to color in your snowman’s cheeks! You can even use pastels, chalks or old makeup!
This chilly lil’ fella looks adorable hanging from a tree, used as a decoration in a wreath, attached together with string with several other snowman as a garland or even as a gift topper! Have fun personalizing your very own snowman this holiday season!
Olive fun and easy crafts for kids, don’t you?
It\'s so good to see you! To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author