Make this for your Christmas 2010 photos! Make your own by following the instructions below! Ba-da-BOOM! Third project in three days – oh yeah the mojo is back!!…… but I can only play for a few more days until I have to pack my toys away (isn’t this where I say I’m a poet and didn’t know it?! LOL!)
Cricut or Imagine
Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge
Paper Lace Cricut cartridge
12 x 12 “Report Card – Science” by October Afternoon
Cardstock in the following colors: Light turquoise, red, medium green, white (pre-embossed was used), black, cream,
Red & white striped (Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby) and silver.
1 library card or tag to use journaling (library cards can be purchased from any teacher supply store!)
13” in length piece of 2” wide ribbon – prewashed and dried while crinkling
13” in length piece of white and silver pom pom fringe
6 white/cream buttons in a variety of sizes
Stickles (glitter glue) in a clear shade ( I used Diamond!)
Small piece of turquoise glitter ribbon for library tag
1 small peach toned foam ball (found in Floral Dept at craft stores) OR use a small pom pom or button!
Preferred liquid adhesive to glue ribbon and fringe together and buttons to the layout
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen
- Using scissors, lightly distress all four sides of the “Report Card – Science” paper by October Afternoon. Carefully tear the paper in spots to “age it.” Ink the edges with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink.
- Glue the white & silver pom pom fringe to the top of the red ribbon using a liquid glue. Once dry, glue to the bottom of the “Report Card – Science” paper by October Afternoon leaving a ¼” or so space at the bottom of the layout for a border. (See photo for placement)
- Using the Winter Frolic Cricut cartridge cut out the Santa following the handbook steps located on page 53. I used the following papers for the layers listed below:
- Santa’s base cut: black at 5 ¾”
- Santa’s face/hat/beard and trim cut (Santa base key + shift): 5 ¾” once in white and once in cream
- Santa’s suit cut: 5 ¾” in red (I used the red from the Core’dinations Vintage Collection line)
- Santa’s bag cut: 5 ¾” cut once in the turquoise and medium green. Then I cut the bag out in black but adjusted the size to 7” so there was a more prominent shadow around the bag for extra dimension.
- Santa’s belt buckle in silver cut at 5 ¾”.
- Assemble Santa by using pop dots to attach Santa’s face to the black base cut. Next, use your preferred adhesive to attach Santa’s suit pieces directly to the black base cut. For Santa’s bag, glue the turquoise to the green and then use pop dots to attach the green to the black bag positioning similar to the photo above. Attach to the back of Santa using more pop dots – you might have to double up pop dots on the back of Santa so he sticks to the paper evenly!
- Cut the Santa hat border located in the handbook on page 53. Cut the base in white (I used pre-embossed paper but you can emboss your own!) at 2”. Cut the top layer using the same red used on Santa’s suit at 2”. Ink all of the pieces and then attach the red hat portion using pop dots.
- Cut the phrase “Making spirits BRIGHT” found on page 45 of the handbook using the following colors all cut at 2” for the layers listed below:
- The shadow cut in turquoise
- The base cut in black
- The top layer in the same red used on Santa’s suit
- Next, cut the stack of presents at 2” found on page 66 in the Winter Frolic handbook. There are a lot of layers to this cut! Use the same paper colors/patterns as I did in the photo OR use your own color/pattern combination. On this cut I used the following colors for the layers listed below:
- Silver for the shadow
- Medium green for the base cut
- Red scrap paper used on Santa’s suit
- Turquoise for layer and bows
- Red & white striped paper for base cut + shift
9. Assemble the stack of presents by following the example in the photo above or from the handbook. Mix and match the bows and gift tops to get your desired look.
10. Glue the phrase layers together so that the turquoise is on the bottom, the black in the middle and the red on top. Lightly ink the edges.
11. Using the Paper Lace Cricut cartridge, cut Lace 2 from page 37 of the Paper Lace handbook. Cut at 6 ½” in black and then once in turquoise. Ink the edges. Attach the turquoise center to the layout page by adding adhesive only to the four corners making sure to leave the right side of the turquoise paper untouched and then add the black frame around the turquoise center piece you just glued down. (NOTE: The picture frame can be adjusted to a larger size to accommodate a bigger photo or reduced to fit a 5×7 or 4×6 photo!)
12. Attach Santa to the layout using the photo above for placement.
13. Attach the phrase “Making spirits BRIGHT” to the top left corner on an angle to the layout page.
14. Ink the edges of the library card and glue a small piece of knotted turquoise glitter ribbon to the top center. Slip the card on an angle under the picture frame. This is to be used for journaling!
15. Attach the Santa hat border across the top of the picture frame using pop dots.
16. Using a strong liquid glue, attach the buttons to the top right corner of the scrapbook page.
17. Add extra bling to your layout page by using a clear glitter glue ( I used Stickles Diamond!) to the white parts of Santa’s hat and trim, the Santa hat border and the bows on the stack of presents.
I just LOVE the Winter Frolic and Paper Lace Cricut cartridges and hope that you do too! For more great holiday projects, challenges/contests and more make sure to visit us over at http://www.olivejuicestudio.com!
It\'s so good to see you! To change this standard text, you have to enter some information about your self in the Dashboard -> Users -> Your Profile box. Read more from this author